Monday, May 27, 2024

Bank Holiday Boot Sale



  I arrived at 07.30 sellers were still arriving, there were a number of stalls selling records today but I only brought 2 and was given a third. I did take some pictures of the Boot Sale unfortunately they did not come out well, I had taken the camera fishing with me and the lens had got rather grubby    

The first was a Ronnie Ronalde EP, I had not seen this one before.


 

The second was a Jimmie Rogers record that I did not have, while I was on the record stall (I always end up there, it is the first stall you come to as you enter the boot sale, some one was showing the singles he had brought the first one was Jeremy Taylor -  Ag Pleeze Deddy on the Gallotone Lable, he had paid £15 I brought my copy also on the South African Gallotone Label for £1. I always enter at the far end as it is literally at the end of the road I live in), I ended up buying 20 CD's, and he said I have a number of records for you, my usual mix Christmas Records, Novelty etc, the "Crap" records are referred too  as "Robin Records"  I will meet him in one of the local pubs and buy the ones I want.                       







The third record was the single from the boxed Winston Churchill  boxed set of his famous speeches, in the early Boot Sale Days the set was quite common but I haven't seen one  for a few years, the odd thing about the sets they were almost all in mint condition, with the records not having been played.


A number of unusual items crop up at Boot Sales this one was no different one stall was selling a complete Professional Tattoo outfit another had a number of medical monitoring items these were old but working. Items that were missing were PC's, Laptops. TV's and Stereo systems though there were a few record decks though they were in poor condition.


As I was mentioning Jeremy Taylor - Ag Pleeze Deddy.

For some reason most of the records on You Tube have the last verse missing, in the UK it was issued on the Decca label later it had a Politicly Correct later release on the Pye label minus the last verse, 

I have seen more South African Gallotone Copies than  the UK Decca pressings

This record may offend






    


Unfortunately no one has posted the politicly correct version on You Tube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment