Saturday, May 25, 2024

Blitz Kids - Mums And Dads

 


I remember this record from Uncle Mac and Children's Favourites on BBC radio, on the single the track is credited to The Blitz Kids on the LP and later CD it is credited as The Kids From Blitz, I took the recording from an original 45 and loaded it onto my PC, when downloading it to Divshare (remember that)  I accidently loaded the stereo version from the CD.

Divshare was the first file sharing platform I used, about eighteen months to a year before its demise there was a problem that was never rectified, you used to be able to upload multiple files in one go, after the problem the files could only be uploaded individually, then one day it just stopped working, there was no access to anything that had been downloaded a lot of people lost unreplaceable recordings, I lost 2 I must have deleted them from my PC in error but I still had the original 45, the recording was redone during the next session, Divshare managed to charge me after it has ceased trading I got the payment back, I then went over to Pleer a free to use service the only downside was if the track wasn't played for a certain time it would be deleted, the last I used was Box I never had any problems during the time I used Box.

I managed to spill a small amount of soft drink on the corner of my laptop, it started the screen playing up then shortly after the screen failed, I put the laptop in a warm place to see if drying it out would solve the problem, no luck so round the the computer repair shop only to be told the problem was terminal, so I brought a Windows 11 laptop, I have managed to move all the important stuff onto the new laptop but for some reason Blogger is not seeing the new blog  but an earlier version, it was the same when I started using a spare PC it took a day for the PC to access the new blog, until then I will have to use my spare PC. Ironically the spare PC was the one of the 2 I used on the original Blog, I had it upgraded to a Solid State Drive and Windows 10 some time ago.

Mums & Dads (youtube.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment