Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Herbert Floog - Ballad Of The Crutty Men

 



Having already lost interest in the forthcoming election, thinking it maybe another time I just write on my polling form None Of The Above, thoughts went back the the elections in 1964 the Goons issued a LP How Not To Win An Election or Lose By Much, another rarer LP issued for the same election was Vote For Us, my copy came from New Zealand, and is credited to Herbert Floog, the UK issue is credited as 7 comedians, 6 who are not Peter Sellers and the 7th one isn't either, I used to put an occasional LP track on the blog I put one from the Vote For Us LP on the blog, someone contacted me realising if I had that track I must have the LP, they had been searching for a copy for years and not found a copy, I told him I had a copy, mine being a New Zealand issue, it was then that he told me it is a very rare LP by Leon Rossington he also wanted to know where the Herbert Floog came from, I said it's the name used for the artist when it was issued in New Zealand. I ended up loading the tracks onto the server and sending him the links where they were put on another blog, the only time I ever uploaded an LP

My copy picked up for £1 plus I also got a number of other Leon Rossington LP's at the same time, unfortunately on my copy in its history some one was looking at the record and had a cigarette in their mouth and a small piece of hot ash landed on the record and damaged it, the cleaning program I used managed to restore most of the damage. A bit more digging it looks like the whole LP and many more of Leon Rossington's tracks are available for download.

Ballad of the Crutty Men (Live) (youtube.com)



Here is a link to more information about this record:                                                                         Leon Rosselson: Vote for Us (mainlynorfolk.info)


No comments:

Post a Comment