Sunday, June 2, 2024

Derby Day

 One day I always try to avoid going into Epsom is Derby day, to  get to the Race Course until the Derby all the roads are one way up to the downs after the Derby all the roads switch to the opposite direction. Many years ago I worked nights and would be coming home between 07.00 -   08.30 part of my route Tolworth. Ruxley Lane & Chessington road I would be behind the open top busses going to the Derby, some of the passengers looked to be well oiled, I often wondered did they get to see the Derby.

Well this year I had to go into Epsom I had another bout of Cystitis, so it was a trip to Epsom Hospital, as I went through Epsom on the Bus at about 08.10 it was almost deserted, in the Hospital I had a Blood test, urine sample, then at 10.30 I was discharged with anti biotics, the  annoying thing was that I had been given a medication to stop me getting any further occurrences of  Cystitis, the busses leaving Epsom were almost empty the ones arriving were packed, the pubs were very busy, after the racing has finished Epsom closes, also the pubs in the surrounding area used to close Derby Day evening.

I can now post and edit posts on my new PC I was something quite minor in the end on the new PC it had defaulted to my Gmail address, on the other PC,s the default is my BT   address.                         

No comments:

Post a Comment