Released March 1963, this record was amongst a small batch I brought in one of the Epsom Charity Shops recently, Usually the only Maureen Evens record that turns up is 'Like I Do' I was surprised when it was a different record, her Embassy records turn up a little more often, I have often thought what would happen if Maureen Evans had a big hit with one of her Oriole records, who would record it for Woolworths Embassy label, by the time this record was released Maureen Evans had not recorded an Embassy cover track since 1960/1, Maureen was one of the few artists who transitioned to CBS when CBS decided to cease the Oriole (and Embassy) labels in late 1964.
One of the people I sometimes meet at boot sales had a big collection of Embassy records he was only six short of the complete set and I had at least 3 0f the missing ones, he decided to sell his collection I would have brought it but by the time I met him he had already sold it, but he kept all the Maureen Evans records.

No comments:
Post a Comment