Sunday, August 2, 2026

Hughie Green - Land Of Hope And Glory




The 'B' Side of 'Stand Up  And Be Counted'


I had to cancel a fishing trip due to the problem with my sight, my sight has now returned to normal.

On the one fishing trip I have managed to get out on there was one of the editors from Sea Angler magazine, they were doing an article on the Kingsmere Rocks Marine Conservation Zone, he said the article would be in the July issue of Sea Angler, I looked for a copy of Sea Angler in all the local New Agents but none of the stocked it, I was going to Devon in early July I wondered if I wold find a copy there, I was in luck as I always stop at Sainsbury's in Torquay to get the groceries for the week, in the newspaper/magazine section were a number of copies of Sea Angler, it's quite popular with visitors to  the area as it has the tide tables for the month (though it's cheaper to buy a tide table fort the area) the article had a photo of me in it.

The fishing in Goodrington was very poor this year on the Monday the sea was coming over the sea wall, I turned round and went back to the caravan, on Tuesday I went down to the promenade again the sea was very dirty with lots of suspended matter in it by Thursday the winds had dropped ant the sea was beginning to clear, I did not catch any fish and I did not see any any one else catch one.

During the week I managed to trip in the garden landing on my nose and glasses, I managed to scratch both lenses, on Friday I went to Specsavers in Epsom to see if I could get new lenses fitted and was in formed that 'that it was more expensive the re glaze glasses than it was to buy a replacement pair of glasses', this time the glasses were a lot cheaper then when I brought the last replacement pair in April, up to this year I have never had to replace my glasses between my 2 year checks.


No comments:

Post a Comment