Sunday, August 9, 2026

Earth Boys - Barbara Ann

 


Released in  the USA October 1958 and in the UK January 1959.

The 'B' side of  'Space Girl' apparently this was a rushed recording for the 'B' side asthey had only recorded 'Space Girl', whenI first saw this  record I wondered if if was an earlier version of the betterknown track by the Beach Boys, alas it is not, I have not managed to find a copy of the UK release.


When walking Biscuit I am used to seeing discarded bottles and cans in the road and parks, dring the week someone had lost a full bottle at first I thought it was olive oil, then I noticed it said 70% Proof I left it where it was, it had gone when we left the park. The next day was rubbish collection day, in this area we have a box for glass I notice that some houses have a full box every week this week someone had put their glass recycling box out it contained a number of full bottles of liqures and obscure spirits, the binmen did not take it it's still there nobody has taken any of the contents.


The stepping stones have reopend they have removed the shingle bank that was acting as a dam, though the autorities were trying to say that was not causing the problem, within hours of its removal the water level had dropped and the stepping stones emerged after almost 2 years of submersion, on the far side they have put in a new footpath the contactors building the new footpath also did tempory repairs to the steps on the farside where dogs had worn the bank away next to the steps. Biscuit almost always goes into the river at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment